Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Legal Fee

Feels like being ripped off for the second time from the same event.

I was unfairly dismissed from my job, twice terminated the case ended up at the industrial court. The result is of course I won. But somehow the term where the award money is to be paid to the lawyer becomes and issue to me now. It's best to forget, but I'd like to learn from mistake. Was it a mistake to accept that term and not paid directly to claimant? At that time I didn't think that much cause that's the kind of thing the lawyer would decide that's best for his/her client. In this case, maybe it was for the best of the lawyer.

Anyway, the money went to the lawyer - at the end of the term. Good. Then after a long wait from the lawyer, i was informed that the lawyer's fee is a staggering amount of RM35000 to be deducted from the award!! And I had to fight for the case the whole way. All the lawyer did was write up a few documents. And they have the cheek to bill me 35k.

During the course of process, i was always advised to settle with whatever they offer. And that was my lawyer's advice when they offered 100k settlement, 2 yrs after the event, and 2 days before the hearing date!! Think about it.

So back to the lawyer's bill, I feel he should just settle at an amicable percentage at 100k. The total award money was more than 60% from the original offer. And it was obtained through my voice. The lawyer was like arm folded during the discussion and was a yes sir or yes maam for this case when facing with the defendant.

The nerve.

Well, the money is with them now so give it to me. Astaghfirullah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what goes round comes round... perhaps you need to understand the concept of istidraj... things happen with reasons...

Norazihan said...

hi anonymous, perhaps i do need to understand the concept of istidraj for my inner peace...

Norazihan said...

...Allah berfirman di dalam ayat 182 Surah Al-A'raf yang bermaksud(sila rujuk untuk kepastian) :"Orang2 yang mendustakan ayat-ayat Kami(Allah), nanti akan Kami { binasakan mereka itu dengan beransur-ansur } sedang mereka tidak tahu."

Ya Allah, ampunkan dosakan, berikanlah aku iman, taqwa untuk beribadah kepadaMu ya Allah. Amin

Norazihan said...

more at http://muzakarah.tripod.com/istidraj.html

Ya Allah, sesungguhnya aku hanyalah hambaMu yang lemah lagi daif. Tunjukkanlan aku ke jalan yang benar. Amin.